Hello to many old friends on here!

Marshall JVM Discussion - topics that are not in any of the sub categories, please respect this to keep the forum well organised and so make it easier to find stuff you are interested in :-)

Moderators: Dark Horse, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

DannyjoeCarter
Benefactor

Hello to many old friends on here!

Post by DannyjoeCarter » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:58 am

Hey Folks!
I have been trolling the forum for the last several days finding lots of information on the JVMs again! So much that I just bought a new one again and it will be here this week! After lots of my own research I chose the JVM 210 which will serve my needs perfectly.
And I'm thinking strongly about the OD2 to OD1 mod - yeah I will probably do it.

It is so hard to believe that it has been 11 years since I had this forum and it is heart warming to see so many of you from back in those early days still on here and active! I will share pics of my new rig later this week; my 210 is actual a single component in a larger system I am using but will also my go-to head for most of what I need.

I look forward to chatting with many of you again and wish you all the very best!

Dannyjoe

Andy
Administrator

Re: Hello to many old friends on here!

Post by Andy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:53 am

hey what’s up Danny Joe ?! Daddy’s come home ! welcome back!
|----- if this forum helped you, pls donate to keep it alive -----|
::: JVM410 head,modded:- Hammond 5H choke, 2 tubes pulled, 37.5mv bias :: Caseys Mods :- Plexi cap, -ve feedback, Dual Rectifier, Blackface, 1 wire Randy Rhoads, Plexi, Metaled Out ModPI Boost, OD Channel Gain Reduction Mod
::: AFD100, DSL100W head (no C83), Fender Champ 12
::: 1960AV 2xgreenbacks 2xG12H30, homemade 2x12 cab 2x Celestion Golds (100W)
::: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Dimarzio SD bridge Pup,Standard neck Pup.
::: Tokai Strat with Dimarzio SD, Epi SG-400 Iommi, Hondo Les Paul, Alhambra Acoustic fishman Pup
::: PodXTLive, Vox V848 Clyde McCoy Wah Wah,

It's better to fail in Originality than to succeed in Imitation ...

erpece
Club Circuit

Post by erpece » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:12 pm

Welcome home, Dannyjoe - good to have you back!!
Amp: Marshall JVM410HJS (nov 2012 - present), JVM410H (apr 2007 - dec 2012)
Cab: 1960B with 2 Heritage G12M's and 2 G12T75's, Two Notes Torpedo Live (with home-made IR of my cab)
FX: Line6 Helix, Rocktron Banshee
Guitars: Warmoth Explorer (Bareknuckle Black Dog), Gibson Les Paul Classic (BK Black Dog), Ibanez 1979 Iceman (BK Rebel Yells), EBMM Axis (BK Rebel Yells), Custom PRS (BK Black Dog) and a few more

DannyjoeCarter
Benefactor

Post by DannyjoeCarter » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:06 pm

Hey guys!

Yes it has been a long time for sure and it is great to be back on team JVM for sure! There are SO many things going on and tons of mods for the JVMs now I am seeing so I am curious to try a few out. Great to see you guys from the old days erpece and Andy!
It will be great catching up with you all! [smilie-rock]

DannyjoeCarter
Benefactor

Post by DannyjoeCarter » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:43 pm

Well Folks, the new Wall is complete - just thought I would share!

A huge sound for sure and all the different cabinets create very rich textures.
What's running here is on the left you'll see the Marshall EL34 100/100 which runs the bottom left two cabinets on the A channel and the top two cabinets are running the B channel. Those top cabinets on the B channel I have the Presence dropped back to about 1/3 because at face/ear level they are a bit too much bite!
The JVM 210 is powering the slant cab and the cab to the left of it and I have it fairly wet with delay and chorus. The EL34 100/100 runs almost dry but with still a slight amount of delay.

Interestingly enough just that single slant cab on the bottom adds a real clear,crisp texture to what's already going on with this rig.

And yes - the sound is MASSIVE! [smiley-surprised]

Big Wall jpg.jpg

Spacerocker
Arena

Post by Spacerocker » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:47 am

Welcome back!
Amps: Marshall JVM410: Hotter Bias, Plexi mod, 10H choke, Stiffness Mod, Neg Feedback Mod (Variable) spec, 3rd Stage Bias mod, AFD type mod (increased Crunch gain), 50W conversion, Tone stack Mods to 2203 spec, "Anti-Compression" mod, dBx 31 band graphic in loop, Marshall AVT20 Valvestate practice amp, Marshall 1980 2203, 2 x 1936 Cabs, 1968 Orignal 4 x 12 Cab with Greenbacks
Guitars: Les Paul Traditional, Fender HM Strat x 2 with Dimarzio Evolution Humbucker, Fender Standard Strat
Effects: Morley Wah/Volume Pedal. Behringer Vintage Phaser, TC G-Major, Alesis Midiverb. Behringer FCB1010 Midi Foot Controller

DannyjoeCarter
Benefactor

Post by DannyjoeCarter » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:54 am

Spacerocker wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:47 am
Welcome back!
Thank you Spacerocker!

erpece
Club Circuit

Post by erpece » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:09 am

Thanks for sharing that - wish I could hear it!!! [smilie=icon_razz.gif]
Amp: Marshall JVM410HJS (nov 2012 - present), JVM410H (apr 2007 - dec 2012)
Cab: 1960B with 2 Heritage G12M's and 2 G12T75's, Two Notes Torpedo Live (with home-made IR of my cab)
FX: Line6 Helix, Rocktron Banshee
Guitars: Warmoth Explorer (Bareknuckle Black Dog), Gibson Les Paul Classic (BK Black Dog), Ibanez 1979 Iceman (BK Rebel Yells), EBMM Axis (BK Rebel Yells), Custom PRS (BK Black Dog) and a few more

DannyjoeCarter
Benefactor

Post by DannyjoeCarter » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:14 am

erpece wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:09 am
Thanks for sharing that - wish I could hear it!!! [smilie=icon_razz.gif]
Well it would be great to have you here my friend! It will move your organs around for sure! smilie=icon_lol.gif