JVM Forum

All about Marshall's JVM Series

Please help us with the forum running costs
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:00 am
Google Search the forum ... note that google has to index stuff before it shows up in the search, so it will not instantly show results for new posts

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JVM 410H vs TSL100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:07 pm 
Pub Band

I just played a gig with another band. One of the guitarist in the other band asked if He could use my JVM, I usually don't let anyone use my head but I noticed the 2nd guitarist in the band had a TSL100.

the inner geek in me couldn't resist a face off with the TSL,
"sure", I said. "knock you socks off, dial in any tone you want". He replied "I usually use the same settings as my friends TSL, because mine is being repaired." so they went on and done the sound check, the TSL first. It sounded pretty cool, a little fizzy for my taste. but then it went on to my JVM. Well well there was that awesome no Sh*t tone that I love it was mind blowing good, it just blew the tsl away, same settings but it was like comparing chalk and cheese they we're "that" different.

Anyway any one who asks "how do get a TSL tone from a JVM" you can't because a JVM a tone can't suck that much.

Morley Bad Horsie
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall 1960AV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:59 am 
Arena

[smilie=icon_eek.gif]

Post subject: Re: JVM 410H vs TSL100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:59 am 
Pub Band

Adirving wrote:
I just played a gig with another band. One of the guitarist in the other band asked if He could use my JVM, I usually don't let anyone use my head but I noticed the 2nd guitarist in the band had a TSL100.

the inner geek in me couldn't resist a face off with the TSL,
"sure", I said. "knock you socks off, dial in any tone you want". He replied "I usually use the same settings as my friends TSL, because mine is being repaired." so they went on and done the sound check, the TSL first. It sounded pretty cool, a little fizzy for my taste. but then it went on to my JVM. Well well there was that awesome no Sh*t tone that I love it was mind blowing good, it just blew the tsl away, same settings but it was like comparing chalk and cheese they we're "that" different.

Anyway any one who asks "how do get a TSL tone from a JVM" you can't because a JVM a tone can't suck that much.

True. I own a TSL. The JVM owns it in every way imaginable. except the reverb, I like the the TSL's spring reverb better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:33 am 
Private Parties

+1 [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

jvm 410, Vm 100 watt, 73 superbass 100 watt, 98 dsl401, 90? 601 combo, 82 lead 12, 95 vs 20, 99 mg10, 67 & 69 fender bassman, vibrolux, ampeg vl502, trademark tech 10, vox pathfinder, epi valve jr. and so on, and so on
78, 89, 96 lesters, 84 V, 96 explorer, 93 335, 91 1225, 78 fender strat, 63 lap slide, 94 hwy strat, 98 jazz bass, 84 aria bass, 88 gretch tele, 87 prs custom 24 10top with birds, carvin bolt strat, 86 ibanez rg480, westone raider, 99 yamaha tele, ..........and so on, and so on...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:46 pm 
Garage Band

I would agree. There is no comparison. I sold my TSL because I never played it in my studio. It was just easier to fire up the the smaller Marshall or run my GT-8 into Pro Tools. Now with the JVM it doesn't matter if I'm playing for 20 minutes or an 1hr plus. I fire it up. I have to have that sound!

Ibanez RG470
Marshall JVM410H
1960A Cab
Marshall AVT-50
Boss GT-8
Boss SD-1
Dunlop Crybaby ZW-45

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:09 pm 
Private Parties

[smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:53 pm 
Private Parties

The TSL concept was great. That and the 3 channel Mesa Dual Rectifier were like a Godsend because it was the first time you could (theoretically) achieve clean/dirty/solo for live use without using pedals. In the end the TSL was not for me. Too scooped, too bright, etc. To me, Marshalls, the Mesa Rectifier and a number of Fender amps, defined every genre of music from the 50's to today. If you have one of these three (along with some good guitars), you can make just about any sound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:58 pm 
Private Parties

I sold my Marshall TSL602 combo to buy the JVM(not bad, just too 'spikey' for my liking). That being said, I loved the luxury of three channels.

Problem is if I ever move on from the JVM (which history says will eventually happen), how can I go from 12 channels/modes back to three or four??

Currently I am using a total of six combinations of channel/mode and that is stripped back so I can do all the changes with the JVM pedal.

The more you get , the more you want.

Egnater Tweaker 88, Orange Dual Terror, Marshall VS100H, Bugera Vintage 5, 2 x Egnater Tweaker 212x (Celestion Elite 50's), Marshall 1936 (Celestion GT1275's), Vox 2x12 (Celestion Greenbacks), Jet City JCA12S (Eminence), Zoom G3, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Fulltone Fulldrive 2, Ibanez SD-9, Boss MT-2, Decimator G-String, Boss NS2, Morley Volume, Sennheiser Freeport Wireless, Sanyo Eneloop 9v Power Supply