Newcomer finale 2012 gig

The place to strut your JVM powered songs and gigs

Moderators: jim renolds, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

Jackie
World Tour

Newcomer finale 2012 gig

Post by Jackie » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:28 pm

So here are the latest Newcomer vids. Stationary camera this time only for sound, I gave my best mate a fisheye equipped HD camera and lo and behold, crazy front row footage! [smilie=headbang.gif]

We played a new song our bassist wrote, I gave it lyrics and christened it "Raise Hell"... how else are you gonna name a song that has a double tritone break?! [smilie=icon_lol.gif]

Anyway, links

Face to Face

Raise Hell

Circus of Trust

Don't forget to hit it HD. Like, share on FB, subscribe, spread it like AIDS!!! banana_rasta

My JVM sounded... INSANELY delicious. Seriously, I had to stop myself from going to the head, turning the Master up to 11, standing in front of the cab and just indulging in the awesomeness. This amp is the BALLZ. OD2 Orange for rhythm, OD1 Red for leads. A little 'verb and chorus for cleans on Clean Green for Raise Hell's break. Marvelous. Just plain marvelous. You can hear it in the first riffs of the second and third song.

By the way, we were 10th out of 15... not bad considering one of the jury members hates metal [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif] But who gives a shit about that. We got a lot of praise and a dude who came with another band's fan bus said he came only for us... I gave him my pick and he was thrilled. Anyway, it was a great experience.
Last edited by Jackie on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed links
Tonemeister wrote:there is sooo much that the JVM can be...
GUITARS:
Modded Epiphone Goth Explorer w/BKP Nailbombs; Jackson KVMG Pro; Yamaha SG2000; Gibson SG '61 Reissue; Squier Classic Vibe Tele; Yamaha LLX6A
AMPS&CABS:
Marshall JVM410H (EH V1/V5; Chinese 12AX7B V2-V4; -ve fdbk mod, choke mod, plexi cap mod)
VHT Sig:X; Marshall 1960A cab w/V30; Yamaha THR10v2
FX:
BOSS GT-6, Keeley-modded Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MISC:
Proel Esoteric cables, Ernie Ball strings; Dunlop Ultex Sharp picks, craft beer

Bam Bam
World Tour

Re: Newcomer finale 2012 gig

Post by Bam Bam » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:23 am

Jackie, I only had time to check out a little of each song so far, but what I did see is SERIOUSLY AWESOME!!! I frickin' love it! I agree that your JVM sounds killer! [smilie=headbang.gif]

Bam
Guitars: 2012 Ibanez 25th Anniversary RG3 w/Dimarzio D-Activator/Air Norton S, 2005 Charvel USA Custom Shop Pointy Head Reissue w/80's Jackson J-95/Duncan '59, 2010 Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas Style 1-2H w/Custom Custom/Jazz (was JB/'59 stock), 1987 Kramer Aerostar ZX30 w/Dimarzio Super Distortion/EMG Selects (passive single-coils)
Amps: JVM 410H (2007), EVH 5150III 50w head (2011), Peavey Series 2600 Mark III
Cabs: Avatar Contemporary 4x12 loaded with Hellatone 60s (Vintage 30s), Early 80's Peavey 2x12 loaded with Eminence Governors
Pedals: ISP Decimator, Morley Mark Tremonti Wah, Fulltone OCD (4th gen), Digitech Whammy (5th gen), MXR 10-Band EQ, Boss DD-3 Delay, Boss BF-3 Flanger, Korg Pitch Black Tuner, others

jimsreynolds
World Tour

Post by jimsreynolds » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:41 am

Great tunes Jackie! Particularly like Circus of Trust and the solo-trade on Raise Hell. You guys were robbed.

Out of interest? What placed #1?

When are we gonna hear some studio Battle-X?

Jackie
World Tour

Post by Jackie » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:04 am

Thanks guys!! [smilie=banana_smiley.gif]

jim - these guys were first, these guys second and these guys third. Funnily enough, they were all Austrian bands from the city we played in. But that was to be expected to be honest. We had a kickass time and that's what matters.

As far as the studio goes, we're gonna hit it and record at least a single this summer. [smiley-shreds]
GUITARS:
Modded Epiphone Goth Explorer w/BKP Nailbombs; Jackson KVMG Pro; Yamaha SG2000; Gibson SG '61 Reissue; Squier Classic Vibe Tele; Yamaha LLX6A
AMPS&CABS:
Marshall JVM410H (EH V1/V5; Chinese 12AX7B V2-V4; -ve fdbk mod, choke mod, plexi cap mod)
FX:
MISC:

NoWayBackRock
Private Parties

Post by NoWayBackRock » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Jackieeee!! Wow, you guys are on your way to celebrity [smilie=banana_smiley.gif]
I listened to RH, you should have called this song RAISE HEAVEN, seriously your tone is amazing [smilie=icon_mrgreen.gif] . The solos, the epic vocal ending...
I like this version of BattleX much better, with you as frontman by the way [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Marcelo
http://www.wyblack.com
Guitars: ESP Eclipse II (now with Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz, originally EMG 81/60), Schecter C1 Classic (SD JB/Jazz), Schecter C1 Blackjack with SD Blackouts.
Amps: Marshall JVM 410H (EH in V1 and V2, bias 63mv), Mesa Boogie Mark V (stock), 2010 Mesa Dual Rectifier ("reborn", stock).
Cabs: Marshall 1960 BV (V30s) / Custom, super stiff 2x12 with Mesa V30s.
Effects: TC Electronics G Sharp - BB Preamp - Fulltone Wah - Maxon OD808 - Line 6 Pod HD500 (in the loop, noise control and delay).

jimsreynolds
World Tour

Post by jimsreynolds » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:17 am

Jackie wrote:
jim - these guys were first, these guys second and these guys third. [smiley-shreds]
Mmmm .... they were alright I guess but unmemorable. I am gonna stick with 'Robbed' I think.

nkay
Private Parties

Post by nkay » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:28 pm

Hey, great job man. I think I'm able to hear the effect of the negative feedback mod here. Your OD2 orange was very thrashy sounding in the old school way, really liked it.

I'm tempted to try OD2 Orange as my rhythm and OD1 Orange or Red for leads instead of the other way around as I have been practicing (OD1 for rhythm, OD2 for leads). I find OD2 doesn't stand out enough for solos unless I really crank the mids, but I think it would sound better as rhythm tone to sit behind the band better, while OD1 is more punchy and up front for leads.

Have a first band rehearsal in a few weeks so I can finally lay down the JVM law :) (other guitarist has a 5150)

Jackie
World Tour

Post by Jackie » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Thanks guys!

Marcelo - that means a lot to me, man. Many thanks!

jim - fair enough [smilie=icon_mrgreen.gif] Though the third band, Eosin, said we should go play Austria with them and they'll play Slovenia with us, probably. Stuff like that really matters to me most than some cash prize.

nkay - exactly the reason why I switched channels. I really LOVED OD2 for rhythm and I tried Red for leads, but was thinking "I need mids to SLICE" so I turned to OD1, never looked back. [smilie=icon_mrgreen.gif]
GUITARS:
AMPS&CABS:
FX:
MISC:

joebama80
Pub Band

Post by joebama80 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Rockin' tunes man. Great tone, great feel, great energy. Hell yeah!!! [smilie-rock]

mohi
Club Circuit

Post by mohi » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:07 am

Overall a great performance, enjoyed Circus of Trust particularly but find all three tunes interesting and very carefully crafted. The JVM sounds like a beast!

All the best in this adventure [smilie=headbang.gif]
Marshall JVM410C: TAD HPS V1, TAD PS V2, TAD Std V3, EH V4, Mods: Plexi Cap, Choke, K77
Marshall YJM100
Marshall JCM800 1981

Jackie
World Tour

Post by Jackie » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:43 pm

Thanks mohi and joebama!

mohi - yeah we tend to "craft" our songs as carefully as possible. IMO if you put thought into the song, it shows - I'm glad it does, apparently.

Now that I look back I think it's a shame the cabs were at the side of the stage facing inwards... going to the cab and "indulging" happens to be a stage antic I've yet to perform, and one I always dream of [smilie=icon_mrgreen.gif]

BTW I forgot to mention that there was a "special guest" band or something playing after we all finished, and their guitarist also had a 1960A cab with a JVM410H, which he left onstage the whole time. So when we played, there were two JVM410 halfstacks onstage [smilie=headbang.gif]
GUITARS:
AMPS&CABS:
FX:
MISC:

Sacalait
Private Parties

Post by Sacalait » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:10 am

Great job man! Awesome show! Awesome tone!
Pershing Wells- Producer/Guitarist
LIVE GEAR: 1988 Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite, 2012 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe, 2012 G&L S-500, 1994 G&L ASAT, Fender Nashville Telecaster, Hagstrom VikingP, Marshall JVM205H, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Amp, Orange Tiny Terror, Vox AC15 with Celestion Greenback, Ampeg B-15C, MusicMan 65, Marshall 1936 cab with 2-Celestion GT75, Avatar Vintage 4X12 with Celestion G12M Heritage, 2 Orange PPC 112 1-V30, 1-Reissue Greenback, variety of boutique pedals.
STUDIO GEAR: DAW- Sonar Platinum, Intel i7 Quad-Core PC, Roland, Mytek, RME, A-Designs Pacifica, A-Designs Hammer, UA LA610, Focusrite, Presonus, Chameleon Labs, DBX, Korg, Yamaha, Takamine, Martin, Neumann, AKG, Avantone, CAD, Shure, Electrovoice, Sony.