BattleX

The place to strut your JVM powered songs and gigs

Moderators: jim renolds, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

Jackie
World Tour

BattleX

Post by Jackie » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Skip to the end for the latest shit. This thread is a just conglomerate of all the posts I've made about my band so I have it all in one place.

I decided to post a pro recorded clip that we got from a festival we performed on. Mic'd cab, Shure SM57, about halfway between the center of the speaker cone and the edge. Sound from the mix table, video is wrong in some parts (clips from the wrong song xD)

If you want to hear just my tone, pan your speakers to the left (I'm the rhythm guitarist with the white "ESP MX250" - a guitar my dad made). The tone on the right is my bandmate's ENGL Powerball.

I made some adjustments to my tone since that gig (a little less treble and gain), at that time I still had settings for the G12-75T but the cab there was a Marshall 1960AV. That gig was the last confirmation that V30s are what I want :D

The clip -> BattleX - The Cult(clicketty)

Any feedback appreciated [smilie=icon_mrgreen.gif]
Tonemeister wrote:there is sooo much that the JVM can be...
GUITARS:
Modded Epiphone Goth Explorer w/BKP Nailbombs; Jackson KVMG Pro; Yamaha SG2000; Gibson SG '61 Reissue; Squier Classic Vibe Tele; Yamaha LLX6A
AMPS&CABS:
Marshall JVM410H (EH V1/V5; Chinese 12AX7B V2-V4; -ve fdbk mod, choke mod, plexi cap mod)
VHT Sig:X; Marshall 1960A cab w/V30; Yamaha THR10v2
FX:
BOSS GT-6, Keeley-modded Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MISC:
Proel Esoteric cables, Ernie Ball strings; Dunlop Ultex Sharp picks, craft beer

KETTENHOFEN
Private Parties

Re: Live clip - my tone

Post by KETTENHOFEN » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:15 pm

Cool Jackie... [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
marshall jvm 410h
1960a 75´s
marshall avt 275
cry baby GCB-95
electro-harmonix memory boy
boss DD-3
boss NS-2
boss SD-1
podxt live full loaded
podxt
jay tarser standard les paul
rocket fat strat
ephiphone special 2
expectra acustic

Bam Bam
World Tour

Post by Bam Bam » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:11 am

SWEEEET! Also it's cool to put a face with a name!
Guitars: 2012 Ibanez 25th Anniversary RG3 w/Dimarzio D-Activator/Air Norton S, 2005 Charvel USA Custom Shop Pointy Head Reissue w/80's Jackson J-95/Duncan '59, 2010 Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas Style 1-2H w/Custom Custom/Jazz (was JB/'59 stock), 1987 Kramer Aerostar ZX30 w/Dimarzio Super Distortion/EMG Selects (passive single-coils)
Amps: JVM 410H (2007), EVH 5150III 50w head (2011), Peavey Series 2600 Mark III
Cabs: Avatar Contemporary 4x12 loaded with Hellatone 60s (Vintage 30s), Early 80's Peavey 2x12 loaded with Eminence Governors
Pedals: ISP Decimator, Morley Mark Tremonti Wah, Fulltone OCD (4th gen), Digitech Whammy (5th gen), MXR 10-Band EQ, Boss DD-3 Delay, Boss BF-3 Flanger, Korg Pitch Black Tuner, others

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:44 am

Great stuff jackie when's the European tour ?

Bam Bam wrote:SWEEEET! Also it's cool to put a face with a name!
Also to put the green hair with a face [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]
|----- if this forum helped you, pls donate to keep it alive -----|
::: JVM410 head,modded:- Hammond 5H choke, 2 tubes pulled, 37.5mv bias :: Caseys Mods :- Plexi cap, -ve feedback, Dual Rectifier, Blackface, 1 wire Randy Rhoads, Plexi, Metaled Out ModPI Boost, OD Channel Gain Reduction Mod
::: AFD100, DSL100W head (no C83), Fender Champ 12
::: 1960AV 2xgreenbacks 2xG12H30, homemade 2x12 cab 2x Celestion Golds (100W)
::: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Dimarzio SD bridge Pup,Standard neck Pup.
::: Tokai Strat with Dimarzio SD, Epi SG-400 Iommi, Hondo Les Paul, Alhambra Acoustic fishman Pup
::: PodXTLive, Vox V848 Clyde McCoy Wah Wah,

It's better to fail in Originality than to succeed in Imitation ...

Bam Bam
World Tour

Post by Bam Bam » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:10 pm

The really scary part is that when I was in my 20's I actually sported a couple of 'dos that weren't too far off from my whacked avatar! banana_rasta
Guitars: 2012 Ibanez 25th Anniversary RG3 w/Dimarzio D-Activator/Air Norton S, 2005 Charvel USA Custom Shop Pointy Head Reissue w/80's Jackson J-95/Duncan '59, 2010 Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas Style 1-2H w/Custom Custom/Jazz (was JB/'59 stock), 1987 Kramer Aerostar ZX30 w/Dimarzio Super Distortion/EMG Selects (passive single-coils)
Cabs: Avatar Contemporary 4x12 loaded with Hellatone 60s (Vintage 30s), Early 80's Peavey 2x12 loaded with Eminence Governors
Pedals: ISP Decimator, Morley Mark Tremonti Wah, Fulltone OCD (4th gen), Digitech Whammy (5th gen), MXR 10-Band EQ, Boss DD-3 Delay, Boss BF-3 Flanger, Korg Pitch Black Tuner, others

Jackie
World Tour

Post by Jackie » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Guys thanks for the comments :D I'm glad you like it :D

About the "European tour" xD - the band itself existed for 2 years before I came in, but the band with the current lineup is about 6 months old. We're all under 18 and the metal scene in our country is almost non-existent. So we're having trouble getting known, writing songs because of school etc. Like I said in nm156's thread we got fucked in a competition that everyone in the crowd thought we had won, so we were "robbed" of 3 gigs that could've gotten us some more recognition. We'll work more intensively on new songs this summer and hopefully a full-lenght LP will be done by some time next year. [smilie=icon_cool.gif]

Until then, we'll just keep rattlin' heads [smilie=icon_lol.gif] If we ever DO get to have a tour, Spain's first :P
GUITARS:
Modded Epiphone Goth Explorer w/BKP Nailbombs; Jackson KVMG Pro; Yamaha SG2000; Gibson SG '61 Reissue; Squier Classic Vibe Tele; Yamaha LLX6A
AMPS&CABS:
Marshall JVM410H (EH V1/V5; Chinese 12AX7B V2-V4; -ve fdbk mod, choke mod, plexi cap mod)
FX:
MISC:

Flameout12
Club Circuit

Post by Flameout12 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:52 pm

I like the sound of your guitars. Sounds almost like hi-gain '80's metal rather than some of the later de-tuned metal. [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
A JCM800 with an OD pedal will nail that stuff as well.

Jackie
World Tour

Post by Jackie » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Flameout12 wrote:I like the sound of your guitars. Sounds almost like hi-gain '80's metal rather than some of the later de-tuned metal. [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
Thanks! That's exactly what we're aiming for [smilie=banana_smiley.gif]
Flameout12 wrote:A JCM800 with an OD pedal will nail that stuff as well.
If I could have it my way, that would be it. Maybe even without the OD pedal, with a mod or something [smilie=icon_mrgreen.gif]

Now that I have the JVM, I think I'd miss the versatility though.
GUITARS:
AMPS&CABS:
FX:
MISC:

jim renolds
World Tour

Post by jim renolds » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:46 am

Bam Bam wrote:The really scary part is that when I was in my 20's I actually sported a couple of 'dos that weren't too far off from my whacked avatar! banana_rasta
Yeah, but could you play "lead tongue" like Bill The Cat? I'm trying to remember the name of their band...Opus played the tuba. I can't come up with it right now. You are the second user here with a Bloom County avatar, Surfcaster was first with Opus.

I always LOVED that cartoon.

Edit: I couldn't stand it. "Deathtongue" was the band, name was later changed to "Billy And The Boingers".

DH
JVM 410H w/Mods: 1µF Plexi Cap, 3H Mojotone Choke, Neg. Feedback Adj. Pot.(500K)

Bam Bam
World Tour

Post by Bam Bam » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Dark Horse wrote:
Yeah, but could you play "lead tongue" like Bill The Cat? I'm trying to remember the name of their band...Opus played the tuba. I can't come up with it right now. You are the second user here with a Bloom County avatar, Surfcaster was first with Opus.

Edit: I couldn't stand it. "Deathtongue" was the band, name was later changed to "Billy And The Boingers".

DH
Right on! I was all about Bloom County back in the 80's- I had five or six Bill The Cat T-shirts (my fave was my "authentic" Billy and the Boingers World Tour 1987 shirt) that I lived in for a while. My name is Bill and in those days I sometimes felt like Bill The Cat looked [smilie=icon_wink.gif].

I never really mastered playing lead tongue. Maybe if I had a JVM to plug it into back then I would have gotten better!

Flameout12
Club Circuit

Post by Flameout12 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:32 am

Jackie wrote:Now that I have the JVM, I think I'd miss the versatility though.
Using the same speakers, I think you'd find the JCM800 to be close to the JVM. It has a little more edgier tone, but needs a pedal to go hi-gain.

jim renolds
World Tour

Post by jim renolds » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:53 am

Bam Bam wrote:
Dark Horse wrote:

DH
Right on! I was all about Bloom County back in the 80's- I had five or six Bill The Cat T-shirts (my fave was my "authentic" Billy and the Boingers World Tour 1987 shirt) that I lived in for a while. My name is Bill and in those days I sometimes felt like Bill The Cat looked [smilie=icon_wink.gif].

I never really mastered playing lead tongue. Maybe if I had a JVM to plug it into back then I would have gotten better!
Well, then I know you'll totally understand when I say, "Aaaaccck! Thhhpppttt!"
And hey, I really mean that.

DH
JVM 410H w/Mods: 1µF Plexi Cap, 3H Mojotone Choke, Neg. Feedback Adj. Pot.(500K)

Bam Bam
World Tour

Post by Bam Bam » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Dark Horse wrote:Well, then I know you'll totally understand when I say, "Aaaaccck! Thhhpppttt!"
And hey, I really mean that.
Thank you. I can feel your sincerity.
Sadly enough, back in those days I was so self-medicated that those two words sometimes formed my entire vocabulary [smilie=icon_eek.gif] .

Hey, by the way I noticed amazon.com is selling The Complete Bloom County Library in three volumes for 75 bucks. Happy Day! Or I could put that $ toward the delay pedal I've been wanting. What a dilemma. What would you do, DH?

jim renolds
World Tour

Post by jim renolds » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:51 am

Well, if you don't have a delay and really plan on using it, then I'd go with that - no question. The books aren't going anywhere, you can get them later when you "finish" your rig (we never really finish our rigs!, but you know).

DH

erpece
Club Circuit

Post by erpece » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:33 pm

Great video!
Amp: Marshall JVM410HJS (nov 2012 - present), JVM410H (apr 2007 - dec 2012)
Cab: 1960B with 2 Heritage G12M's and 2 G12T75's, Two Notes Torpedo Live (with home-made IR of my cab)
FX: Line6 Helix, Rocktron Banshee
Guitars: Warmoth Explorer (Bareknuckle Black Dog), Gibson Les Paul Classic (BK Black Dog), Ibanez 1979 Iceman (BK Rebel Yells), EBMM Axis (BK Rebel Yells), Custom PRS (BK Black Dog) and a few more