Private Parties

Re: BattleX

Post by NoWayBackRock » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:24 pm

AMAZING! [smilie=headbang.gif]

You have my LIKES!

Best,
Marcelo
http://www.wyblack.com
Guitars: ESP Eclipse II (now with Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz, originally EMG 81/60), Schecter C1 Classic (SD JB/Jazz), Schecter C1 Blackjack with SD Blackouts.
Amps: Marshall JVM 410H (EH in V1 and V2, bias 63mv), Mesa Boogie Mark V (stock), 2010 Mesa Dual Rectifier ("reborn", stock).
Cabs: Marshall 1960 BV (V30s) / Custom, super stiff 2x12 with Mesa V30s.
Effects: TC Electronics G Sharp - BB Preamp - Fulltone Wah - Maxon OD808 - Line 6 Pod HD500 (in the loop, noise control and delay).

Jackie
World Tour

Post by Jackie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:14 am

Thanks Marcelo!

I was beginning to think no one gives a shit [smilie=icon_lol.gif]

By the way, we had the most slammin' gig on Saturday, will post video when we get the audio tracks from the mixing board. [smilie-rock]
Tonemeister wrote:there is sooo much that the JVM can be...
GUITARS:
Modded Epiphone Goth Explorer w/BKP Nailbombs; Jackson KVMG Pro; Yamaha SG2000; Gibson SG '61 Reissue; Squier Classic Vibe Tele; Yamaha LLX6A
AMPS&CABS:
Marshall JVM410H (EH V1/V5; Chinese 12AX7B V2-V4; -ve fdbk mod, choke mod, plexi cap mod)
VHT Sig:X; Marshall 1960A cab w/V30; Yamaha THR10v2
FX:
BOSS GT-6, Keeley-modded Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MISC:
Proel Esoteric cables, Ernie Ball strings; Dunlop Ultex Sharp picks, craft beer

Geno_xl
Private Parties

Post by Geno_xl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:49 am

Nice Jackie. Sounds awesome. Is that you playing the solo???with the JVM???

I tried to watch your video on reverbnation but my internet connect messed up. I will try again later. Keep em coming!
Amps: Marshall JVM 410H (choke Mod), EVH 5150 III, Mesa boogie dual rectifier, Marshall Class 5 combo, Line 6 Pod HD
Cab: Marshall 1960a (V30's and G12T-75's), EVH 5150 1x12
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul, Music Man Axis, Martin acoustic
Effects: Line 6 M13, OCD, Boss TU-3, Crybaby wah, Crybaby mini, tc spark mini, tc flashback, tc hall of fame, MXR EVH phase 90, digitech bad monkey, MXR Dyna comp

jim renolds
World Tour

Post by jim renolds » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:25 am

Just got a chance to listen - sounds awesome, dude! Really great rhythm guitar tones (and playing, too!). I like the riffage.

DH
JVM 410H w/Mods: 1µF Plexi Cap, 3H Mojotone Choke, Neg. Feedback Adj. Pot.(500K)

mohi
Club Circuit

Post by mohi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:31 pm

Yeah, a freaking awesome song Jackie, very powerful, now you have another fan on Facebook despite I don't understand any of the posts in :)
Marshall JVM410C: TAD HPS V1, TAD PS V2, TAD Std V3, EH V4, Mods: Plexi Cap, Choke, K77
Marshall YJM100
Marshall JCM800 1981

Jackie
World Tour

Post by Jackie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:54 pm

Thanks folks!

Geno_xl, neither sadly. icon_smile I used the Mesa because I wanted a more modern tone, less in your face. The other guitarist is playing the solo (thank god, I couldn't coax that up any day soon) on his ENGL Powerball+MXR GT-OD. The JVM was a close second for the lead tone but I really wanted to use his amp so he wouldn't frown heh. You can hear the JVM OD1 lead clip in the Clips&Pix section.

DH funnily enough, this was actually among the first songs this band came up with, before my time. The little phased intro we recorded for the EP was meant to be the intro for this song. The meat of it was fine but we changed the song quite a bit. Thanks for your comment!

mohi hehe we usually write in Slovene because our friends&fans are mainly Slovene, but I've been nagging my bandmates to give English a go. It's mostly "We did this we did that" posting icon_smile

Tell your friends, wife, children, dog, cat, boss we don't discriminate a like's a like! banana_rasta
GUITARS:
Modded Epiphone Goth Explorer w/BKP Nailbombs; Jackson KVMG Pro; Yamaha SG2000; Gibson SG '61 Reissue; Squier Classic Vibe Tele; Yamaha LLX6A
AMPS&CABS:
Marshall JVM410H (EH V1/V5; Chinese 12AX7B V2-V4; -ve fdbk mod, choke mod, plexi cap mod)
FX:
MISC:

Geno_xl
Private Parties

Post by Geno_xl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:32 am

Dude. [smilie=icon_eek.gif] I just watched your video of "break your bones". Seriously awesome Song. This is right down my alley. [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] and the solo was kick ass! [smilie=headbang.gif]
Amps: Marshall JVM 410H (choke Mod), EVH 5150 III, Mesa boogie dual rectifier, Marshall Class 5 combo, Line 6 Pod HD
Cab: Marshall 1960a (V30's and G12T-75's), EVH 5150 1x12
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul, Music Man Axis, Martin acoustic
Effects: Line 6 M13, OCD, Boss TU-3, Crybaby wah, Crybaby mini, tc spark mini, tc flashback, tc hall of fame, MXR EVH phase 90, digitech bad monkey, MXR Dyna comp

Jackie
World Tour

Post by Jackie » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks! It was one of those mock songs turned serious and it kicks ass indeed [smilie=headbang.gif] I changed the solo a bit but the idea is still the same, it's just more organized now that one was almost 100% impro [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]

We're still nagging the organizers to give us the audio so we can upload the videos of Saturday's gig already. In the mean time, we got a gig opening for a thrash band next week, and maybe a very well-known Slovenian metal band Noctiferia. So shit's going on! [smilie-rock]
GUITARS:
AMPS&CABS:
FX:
MISC:

Jackie
World Tour

Post by Jackie » Mon May 27, 2013 11:58 pm

New video of our Eurosong hit, Break Your Bones. [smilie=icon_lol.gif] Before this gig I remembered some words said long ago by Rick... So the good ol' maple warrior isn't the star of this particular clip.
Rick O'Shea wrote:
Jackie wrote:the SG hasn't seen the stage yet (well, once, but I just played a song for some kindergarden fund-raiser) IMO it would look a little wierd playing thrash on it.
It would be a great trick because it can do the tone on OD2. If the audience cared that much, anyway, they deserve a little poke in the eyes with the SG's horns. But then, you're right, you have to look the part.
While the explorer can double up as a solo guitar now that I had a tech set it up properly, the SG is hard to beat for shredding rock n' roll! I absolutely loved ripping it with the SG. I was, however, shocked at the volume difference between the SG and Explorer. Live it wasn't that noticeable but recorded there was quite a difference.

I was a bit concerned about my tone before the gig... at soundcheck, I nearly shed a tear of joy, it was the best, snarling, PHAT, massacring "rip your liver out" tone I've ever had. I remember carrying the JVM back to the car afterwards thinking "I...mother...FUCKING...love...this...amp!!!". I was also concerned of the BKPs being icepicky but there was none of that, so I once again say, if you're thinking of getting a pair of BKPs, do it and don't look back. [smilie=headbang.gif]

BTW we got props from the following band for the sound and guitar tones, and for telling the sound guy to turn it down so the audience could actually HEAR us [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Another thing reminded me of something Greg_L mentioned. In the other song where I play a solo (video got lost -.-), I missed the footswitch for my lead tone and played on the rhythm tone. I was able to hear myself clearly and in the recording, the tone was there, loud and clear as if nothing happened. I noticed I was on OD2 Orange when I wanted to switch back to #2 and I saw the LED already glowing on #2 [smilie=icon_redface.gif] I guess it really does help to have your sound sorted.

Hope you like it, don't forget to share/like/subscribe/scare your kids with it! [smiley-shreds]

Second vid is Face to Face, Nailbomb material icon_smile
GUITARS:
AMPS&CABS:
FX:
MISC:

Rick O'Shea
Club Circuit

Post by Rick O'Shea » Tue May 28, 2013 8:09 pm

[smilie=headbang.gif]
Rick O'Shea
JVM410H EH12AT7 in V1
Diamond Halo Chorus, MXR CAE Wah, Decimator G-String
JCM900 1936 w/stock G12T75s
SG '61 Reissue, '83 B.C. Rich Eagle REG-2

Jackie
World Tour

Post by Jackie » Tue May 28, 2013 8:56 pm

Wow, somehow a local radio station got word of our music and they're playing us in 5mins [smilie=icon_eek.gif]

http://www.radiostudent.si/

Sorry for the ultra-short notice, even WE didn't know [smilie=icon_lol.gif]

EDIT: woah, the guy said we were good, thrash but not your typical thrash and that we will be releasing a record at the end of the year [smilie=icon_eek.gif] Even I didn't know that! [smilie=icon_lol.gif] I mentioned on a metal forum we might record a few more songs later this year but never a record, lol. Ah, media icon_smile
GUITARS:
AMPS&CABS:
FX:
MISC:

jmplexi
Private Parties

Post by jmplexi » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Jackie,

Just had a chance to listen to this.

Sounding good my man. Love it. [smilie=headbang.gif]

Keep the ball rolling. We want more material. [smilie=icon_cool.gif]

Cheers

Jmplexi
GUITARS
Gibson Les Paul Traditional in light burst with Gibson classic 57 pups
Fender Deluxe Ash Strat in Tobacco Burst with maple neck: N3 noiseless pups
Michael Kelly Patriot: SD JB/Jazz pups,ESP Eclipse VHB: SD JB/59 pups
ESP LTD EC1000T CTM EMG 60/81 ,
Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus in Black Cherry Gibson 57 classic pups
Art & Lutherie Acoustic in matt black
AMPS AND CABS
JVM 410H,1969 Marshall 50w JMP,Laney VC 15 110,
Hayden mini MOFO, Yamaha THR10,Marshall MS-4
Marshall 1960A with G12-75's,Harley Benton 212V (v30's)
EFFECTS/ OTHER STUFF
Boss GT100
16db THD Hotplate,Zoom H4N portable recorder

Jackie
World Tour

Post by Jackie » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:37 pm

Live video+multitrack out of the board. Not our most perfect performance but hey it's rock n' roll [smilie=icon_cool.gif] Produced by our drummer/soon-to-be-SAE-graduate.

jmplexi right now we're snoozing because I have quite the workload with my exams but I hope we can get some shit laid down this summer.
GUITARS:
AMPS&CABS:
FX:
MISC:

mohi
Club Circuit

Post by mohi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:22 pm

It doesn't sound bad at all, personally would add some delay to the intro but it's a matter of taste. The song somehow reminds me the melodic Metallica tracks. And the solo was quite good too. Nice work!!!
Marshall JVM410C: TAD HPS V1, TAD PS V2, TAD Std V3, EH V4, Mods: Plexi Cap, Choke, K77
Marshall YJM100
Marshall JCM800 1981

jimsreynolds
World Tour

Post by jimsreynolds » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Jackie wrote: Live video+multitrack out of the board.
[smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] Starting to sound really polished. Good vocal work too.
JimBOB

-------------------------------------------
Amps:

Guitars:
  • 70s hard-tail Strat with EMG 89/SA actives. Gibson "The Paul" with bridge P-Rails, Triple-shot, Roland GK-3 and Torres Tone Mods. Gretsch 6119 Tennessee Rose. PRS SE Semi-Hollow w/Bigsby, Squier Affinity Tele (Modded), Falk "Splitter", Taylor T5, Ibanez RG2610E
    Taylor DN3 Acoustic w/Rare Earth Blend, Ovation Celebrity 6/12 Acoustic, Martin 000X1AE, Rally Resonator, Stretton Payne 12-string.
FX:
  • Joyos galore! T-Rex Moller, TC Flashback X4, MXR '78 Distortion, Crybaby, Line 6 HD500 - 4CM & MIDI switching, (retired), Boss GT8 (retired)