New Song "City Of Kings" Mark V Content

The place to strut your JVM powered songs and gigs

Moderators: jim renolds, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

masque
Private Parties

New Song "City Of Kings" Mark V Content

Post by masque » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:08 pm

hey guys......just finished up a new tune, "City Of Kings". I'm a massive Lord Of The Rings fan and finally got around to doing a tune about it. my buddy skizzy helped write a few of the lyrics and did the gtr solo in the middle of the tune. all else was written and performed by me. I hope you can check it out and let me know what you think.....the link for the song also includes the lyrics, for those who are interested in the subject matter......and yeh yeh, I know, it's goofy as hell to write about wizards, hobbits and the one ring.....but i personally find that more interesting these days most other subject matter.....so just bare with me.

all tracks done on a Mesa Mark V.

https://soundcloud.com/masque13/city-of-kings

ALrock
Club Circuit

Re: New Song "City Of Kings" Mark V Content

Post by ALrock » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:00 pm

Even though this was done on a Mesa Mark V..(and not a JVM)
I`ll let it slide anyway because I rock out to uriah heep (demons and wizards), and david gilmore is one of my favorites.. :)
good job!
JVM 410H...No mods..none needed, perfect like it is :)
1960A LEAD CAB (Stock)
IBANEZ RG920 PREMIUM
ISP G STRING NOISE GATE
TC ELECTRONIC DELAY
MXR 10 BAND EQ
IBANEZ CF7 CHORUS - FLANGER
MORLEY STEVE VAI BAD HORSIE 2 CONTOUR WAH PEDAL

masque
Private Parties

Post by masque » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:17 pm

LOL.....thanks!!! [smiley-shreds]

jim renolds
World Tour

Post by jim renolds » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:14 am

OK, so it's not a JVM. That's cool - there's some great tone going on there for sure!

My first thoughts as I listened through it - guitar in the verse reminds me of King's X, and in the chorus reminds me of Dokken. I mean that as a big compliment, because those are two of my favorite guitarists. What chorus (i.e. guitar effect, not the song's chorus) are you using on that?

DH
JVM 410H w/Mods: 1µF Plexi Cap, 3H Mojotone Choke, Neg. Feedback Adj. Pot.(500K)

masque
Private Parties

Post by masque » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Dark Horse wrote:OK, so it's not a JVM. That's cool - there's some great tone going on there for sure!

My first thoughts as I listened through it - guitar in the verse reminds me of King's X, and in the chorus reminds me of Dokken. I mean that as a big compliment, because those are two of my favorite guitarists. What chorus (i.e. guitar effect, not the song's chorus) are you using on that?

DH
hey darkhorse......sorry for the late reply I've been out of the loop for a while.......trust me, your comparisons are HUGE compliments.....those two guitarists/bands you mentioned are two of my faves of all time and huge influences on me as a player.....so thanks a bunch!

believe it or not the chorus effect on the guitar comes from an old Alesis Quadraverb 2 that I have running in the fx loop of the mark v.......to this day, I still think those units are killer, especially for guitar fx......that unit was about $600 brand new but they are on ebay these days for around $150.