What do I have???

Speakers and Cabinets, types, manufacturers , what ohm ? questions, DIY speakers ...

Moderators: Dark Horse, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

phragle
Beginner
Beginner

What do I have???

Post by phragle » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:33 pm

Its a Marshall .. supposed to be a 1960A but the input jack doesnt look right, and 2 different speaker sets... It does sound good, any idea what ohm it should be? the sticker said 8 but since the speakers or at least a couple seem to have been changed

DalyCro
Beginner
Beginner

Re: What do I have???

Post by DalyCro » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:10 am

Judging by the output slot-16 ohm/100W and sticker on a speaker - rola celestion, you probably have marshall box that originally had 4x25W greenbacks type speaker inside. Since you have 2 different ones I guess that sometime in the past previous owner conected that cab on 100W amp and probably blew 2 speakers out, so he changed for new ones with higher wattage. Sticker on those looks like they are G12T75 or even G100. Anyway, the only thing you should check the overall impedance of those speakers on that outer jack so you can properly conect it to amp.
JVM 205H (OD2>OD1 mod), Marshall 4x12 Greeback 25. SG standard. LP Bonamassa sig. Strat 60's custom with BK Mother's milk and Emerson blend mode electronics. Tele CV custom with BK Yardbirds.

Greg_L
Club Circuit

Re: What do I have???

Post by Greg_L » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:23 am

The T3120 speakers are Marshall label G12-65s. 15/16 ohm.
The bottom speakers are common, run-of-the-mill G12T-75s. Probably 16 ohm.

If it's wired correctly, you should have a 16 ohm mono cab.

It's a good speaker pairing in a cab, but none of those are original to that cab. That cab started out it's life as a Greenback cab.
My gear list? Do a search.