Black Metal project reamp

Clips of your JVM, not gigs or tunes ...

Moderators: Dark Horse, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

Jackie
World Tour

Black Metal project reamp

Post by Jackie » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:26 pm

Friend of mine came to my house to reamp some clean tracks for his black metal side project.
We thought we were going to use the Mesa TriAxis/2:90 combo but ended up using the JVM instead because it just KILLED everything with a single blow - tighter, dirty, warmer. Brutal tone.

LINK

Settings (going off memory here):
OD2 Orange
MV 8/10
CV 5/10
Resonance 0
Presence 4
Bass 4
Middle almost 5
Treble almost 5
Gain 3.5

Signal path
Avid MBox Pro out->Radial RMP Pro->JVM410H (all mods on)->Marshall 1960A w/V30s->SM57->Avid MBox Pro in->ProTools 8LE

Clean tracks recorded with Gibson LP Studio in C# standard->DI box (don't know which one).

Lemme know what you think [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
Tonemeister wrote:there is sooo much that the JVM can be...
GUITARS:
Modded Epiphone Goth Explorer w/BKP Nailbombs; Jackson KVMG Pro; Yamaha SG2000; Gibson SG '61 Reissue; Squier Classic Vibe Tele; Yamaha LLX6A
AMPS&CABS:
Marshall JVM410H (EH V1/V5; Chinese 12AX7B V2-V4; -ve fdbk mod, choke mod, plexi cap mod)
VHT Sig:X; Marshall 1960A cab w/V30; Yamaha THR10v2
FX:
BOSS GT-6, Keeley-modded Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MISC:
Proel Esoteric cables, Ernie Ball strings; Dunlop Ultex Sharp picks, craft beer

ChrisA
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Black Metal project reamp

Post by ChrisA » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:58 pm

Jackie wrote:Friend of mine came to my house to reamp some clean tracks for his black metal side project.
We thought we were going to use the Mesa TriAxis/2:90 combo but ended up using the JVM instead because it just KILLED everything with a single blow - tighter, dirty, warmer. Brutal tone.

LINK

Settings (going off memory here):
OD2 Orange
MV 8/10
CV 5/10
Resonance 0
Presence 4
Bass 4
Middle almost 5
Treble almost 5
Gain 3.5

Signal path
Avid MBox Pro out->Radial RMP Pro->JVM410H (all mods on)->Marshall 1960A w/V30s->SM57->Avid MBox Pro in->ProTools 8LE

Clean tracks recorded with Gibson LP Studio in C# standard->DI box (don't know which one).

Lemme know what you think [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Yes I think this sounds great. In fact. It doesn't sound that much different then what I use when I play "heavier" styles of music.

One thing I have trouble with though. And maybe you can help me find the anwer. Is how to make a lead and clean sound to sort of compliment this tone. I used to play strictly rythm in the band and had no need for more then one sound (and yeah I own a 410, go figure xD). However, we have diversified since then and now I play a few solo's. The problem I have is not so much in creating a nice lead sound. It is however in creating a lead sound that isn't to stylistically different to what I use as a rythm sound, and also that cuts trough the mix. Would you do this by simply using this sound on OD 2 Red? Or create something new in OD 1 or something? Any advice would be helpful and very much appreciated.

\m/

Chris
De eerste die snapt wat hier staat zonder google translate krijgt een virtueel schouderklopje.