Red mode lights keep going on and off

You just bought a Marshall JVM and it was dead or has died soon after purchase. Tell us your story.

Moderators: Dark Horse, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

Jshannon3
Beginner
Beginner

Red mode lights keep going on and off

Post by Jshannon3 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:00 am

I just bought a JVM 410H and the amplifier works great except the red mode lights on all four channels go off and on at will sometimes. The modes still change when you push the buttons, but only the green light comes on in green mode and orange mode, no red or orange. Wait a few minutes and the red/orange lights comes on. It’s weird. The amp functions normallly. I love the sounds and tones I get out of it. Hell I’ve even cranked on it to see if it had an output problem, but it’s just those stupid lights going off every now and then. Anybody ever heard of anything like that? I was gonna return it, but I love the tone I get out of this unit, don’t wanna get another one that doesn’t have this kinda tone over a couple of lights. It seems like every time I cycle the power the issue goes away for awhile, let’s say a couple of days, then all of a sudden I look up at the amp and the red light is off when I’m in OD2 RED. I know I’m in red because the footswitch is in red. It’s frustrating

Andy
Administrator

Re: Red mode lights keep going on and off

Post by Andy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:55 pm

From memory there have been a few problems with the relays that do the channel switching, so do a search through the posts and topics.

As long as the switching works ok and you can work out where you are on the footswitch I guess it's not a big
issue just annoying.
::: JVM410 head,modded:- Hammond 5H choke, 2 tubes pulled, 37.5mv bias :: Caseys Mods :- Plexi cap, -ve feedback, Dual Rectifier, Blackface, 1 wire Randy Rhoads, Plexi, Metaled Out ModPI Boost, OD Channel Gain Reduction Mod
::: AFD100, DSL100W head (no C83), Fender Champ 12
::: 1960AV 2xgreenbacks 2xG12H30, homemade 2x12 cab 2x Celestion Golds (100W)
::: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Dimarzio SD bridge Pup,Standard neck Pup.
::: Tokai Strat with Dimarzio SD, Epi SG-400 Iommi, Hondo Les Paul, Alhambra Acoustic fishman Pup
::: PodXTLive fully loaded, Vox V848 Clyde McCoy Wah Wah, Korg Pitchblack and Snark Tuners

It's better to fail in Originality than to succeed in Imitation ...