HJS Trifecta

You just bought a Marshall JVM and it was dead or has died soon after purchase. Tell us your story.

Moderators: jim renolds, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

CaptNasty
Beginner
Beginner

HJS Trifecta

Post by CaptNasty » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:03 pm

Got my new HJS in February 2018. After several weeks with the amp I was playing when there was a loud pop and sizzle then no output. Took the amp to local Marshall authorized repair center. An output tube had gone, taking the HT fuse with it. A couple days later I got the amp back after they had repaired the amp under warranty. Additionally while doing the repair, the tech found some bad/cold solder joints and went ahead and fixed those.

I started noticing that there was a buzz emanating from the head while it was on stand by. I took the amp back to my local repair center. The tension bolts on the output transformer were loose, allowing vibration to occur within the output transformer. Some wrench turns and some lock tite took care of the issue. The repair was again performed under warranty.

Finally the noise coming from the amp was driving me nuts. I played around and figured out the noise reduced considerably when I turned off the effect loop on the amp and removed cabling from the Send/Return jacks. I returned the amp back to the local repair center. There was a grounding issue with the effects loop. Another warranty repair, the problem was resolved.

All of this took place over a month. The repairs cost me nothing other than the time it took to drop off the amp at the repair center on my way to work. Once all of these issues were addressed the amp has been great.
USA Jackson Dinky DK1 Custom Shop (2018)
USA Jackson Soloist SL2H-V Custom Shop (2017)
Suhr Modern Custom (2010)
Ibanez J Custom RG1502S (1998)
Fender American Standard 60th Anniversary Commemorative Stratocaster (2014)
Charvel Satchel Signature Pro Mod DK - Re-finished, OFR, Schaller tuners (2018)
USA Jackson SL2H (2015)
Jackson RR5 (2009)
Marshall JVM 410 HJS - Stock (4CM)
Fractal Audio Axe FX III (4CM & FRFR)
Marshall 1960 TV (4CM)
XiTone Michael Britt Active 1x12 (FRFR)
RJM Music GT/Mastermind 22 MIDI Controller
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
EBTech Hum Eliminator HE-8

RockmanCentral
Private Parties

Re: HJS Trifecta

Post by RockmanCentral » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:57 pm

It sucks you had to have your tech act as Marshall's quality control and fix their mistakes, but glad that you are loving the amp now!
Gear:
Marshall JVM 410HJS - -ve Feedback
Kemper Profiling Rack
Two Notes Torpedo Live
Marshall 1960 HW Stack - G12H-30's
Marshall 1960 Lead Stack - G12T-75's
Rockman Stack with Rev 20 Sustainor
Rockman XP212, XP100a
Echoplex EP3 - Hyperspace Pedal
Gibson Collectors Choice #10 Tom Scholz 68 Les Paul Goldtop
PRS SE 24 Custom Floyd - Sustainiac, DiMarzio Super Distortion, Graph Tech LB63 Floyd Rose, Acoustiphonic preamp
Jackson Dinky Reverse - Sustainiac, DiMarzio Super Distortion
Epiphone 68 Reissue Les Paul Goldtop

Boston Covers:
http://www.youtube.com/user/RockmanCentralBob