Greetings

Somewhere to introduce yourself ... NOT FOR DISCUSSION OF PROBLEMS - please discuss them in the relevant section not here !!!

Moderators: Dark Horse, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

Ollie432
Beginner
Beginner

Greetings

Post by Ollie432 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi folks, my names Ollie I live in Hereford England, Been a JVM owner for roughly half a year now, Bought a 410 full stack second hand and although I get along with it and love a lot of the tones i have found, the fx loops have been blocked off by the pervious owner so i can't run and delay or modulation effects which has limited my playing style, when googling how to reinstall the fx loop i came across this forum which is great everyone sharing knowledge and ideas.

Interesting how many of you guys mod the amp, I haven't done any mods to mine and have little desire too yet as Im still getting used to the amp, I have been thinking of buying some different cabs and speakers and a boost and EQ pedal to get the tone I'm after. I find every guitar i own reacts very different to the amp so modding it might do wonders for one channel but take away what i like about another one, I mostly use my Telecaster on clean and OD2, Strat on church and OD1, Les Paul on OD1, and my Semi hollow body on all 4.

Anyway enough on the rambling, Thanks for making me a member, Keep on rocking'.

Ollie

Andy
Administrator

Re: Greetings

Post by Andy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:07 am

Welcome aboard !

"the fx loops have been blocked off by the previous owner so " - does that mean the previous owner literally ripped
out the FX valve and circuitry?
::: JVM410 head,modded:- Hammond 5H choke, 2 tubes pulled, 37.5mv bias :: Caseys Mods :- Plexi cap, -ve feedback, Dual Rectifier, Blackface, 1 wire Randy Rhoads, Plexi, Metaled Out ModPI Boost, OD Channel Gain Reduction Mod
::: AFD100, DSL100W head (no C83), Fender Champ 12
::: 1960AV 2xgreenbacks 2xG12H30, homemade 2x12 cab 2x Celestion Golds (100W)
::: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Dimarzio SD bridge Pup,Standard neck Pup.
::: Tokai Strat with Dimarzio SD, Epi SG-400 Iommi, Hondo Les Paul, Alhambra Acoustic fishman Pup
::: PodXTLive fully loaded, Vox V848 Clyde McCoy Wah Wah, Korg Pitchblack and Snark Tuners

It's better to fail in Originality than to succeed in Imitation ...

DalyCro
Garage Band

Re: Greetings

Post by DalyCro » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:47 am

Wouldnt suprise me since I ran onto information that many guitarists thinks that FX loop actually killing sound no matter if you are using it or not. smilie=icon_lol.gif
JVM 205H (OD2>OD1 mod), Marshall 4x12 Greeback 25. SG standard. LP Bonamassa sig. Strat 60's custom with BK Mother's milk and Emerson blend mode electronics.