New guy from Finland

Somewhere to introduce yourself ... NOT FOR DISCUSSION OF PROBLEMS - please discuss them in the relevant section not here !!!

Moderators: Dark Horse, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

Velhu
Beginner
Beginner

New guy from Finland

Post by Velhu » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:57 am

Hi! I'm new to this forum and I'd like to learn new stuff about my Marshall gear. I have JVM 410h and MR1960 A cab. [smilie-rock] I joined this forum to find help for biasing my amp. Everything else I learn here is just bonus.

I got my Marshall- setup maybe 8 years ago and I fell in love with it from the first sight. I have played guitar on and off about 13-14 years. I'm pretty lazy and slow going with everything [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif] I like very dry and middy sound, fuzzy distortion isn't my thing.

I have three e-guitars: Esp ltd JH-600, Dean Guitars MLF 79 and B.C. Rich Warlock. [smiley-shreds]
I mainly use Esp and Dean, Warlock is my first self-bought guitar and it's been over ten years in pieces just waiting to be re-assembled with new parts. (EMG 81/85 and new original floyd rose) [smilie=icon_redface.gif] Also my wife covered the body of the Warlock with fake leather.

At the moment I'm just keeping my Marshall gear stored at my parents, I don't have enough room where I live. I was in a band for some time, but that didn't work out too well, because the place where i kept my gear was shared with many many people. And the way some guys treated other people's amps and cabs... [smiley-evil] (using without permission and making damage). [smiley-evil] My decision was to leave the band and now I'm using only my micro cube at home [smilie=icon_sad.gif]

So, if anyone has advice for amp that I could use at home, I'd be more than happy to hear! [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

*Sorry for bad language!*

Dark Horse
World Tour

Re: New guy from Finland

Post by Dark Horse » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:47 pm

[smilie=welcome_smiley.gif]

DH
JVM 410H w/Mods: 1µF Plexi Cap, 3H Mojotone Choke, Neg. Feedback Adj. Pot.(500K)