New dinosaur on the forum...

Somewhere to introduce yourself ... NOT FOR DISCUSSION OF PROBLEMS - please discuss them in the relevant section not here !!!

Moderators: Dark Horse, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

Pterodactyl
Beginner
Beginner

New dinosaur on the forum...

Post by Pterodactyl » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:33 pm

Howdy all!

With a JVM410h incoming, it's time to join up and seek admittance into the great circle of JVM artistry and geekdom.

So, hello! I'll be going by the handle Pterodactyl, for I'm a dinosaur who sometimes soars (but whose landings can be a little awkward).

The JVM410h is joining my working stable that consists of the following amps and cabs:
2061x and 2061cx
2245THW
2266 Vintage Modern head
1959HW
JTM1 offset w/ cab
DSL1c

Mostly I write and record. I run the heads and combos through various downstream devices - sometimes an Aracom attenuator, or a Marshall SE100, or a Two Notes Torpedo Studio. Sometimes I mic the cabs. I've got a decent collection of basic mics, small and large condenser, as well as dynamic. I've got a representative collection of pedals, but mostly record dry and add effects in production, to permit me to change my mind without losing a take.

As a dinosaur, I'm kind of used to knobs and faders, so though various DAW packages are in the house I mostly rely on hardware from the likes of Yamaha and Fostex, with tons of ADAT running back and forth between mixer and recorder. There is a fair amount of fiber running around between rooms in the form of home built optical snakes, as well as an optical patch panel.

So there's my Howdy Duty (for any youngsters here, that's a 1950's television reference).

I'll mostly be in lurk mode, for there's much to learn from listening and watching whilst you all pick each other's brains...

Meantime, many thanks, best wishes, and Enjoy!

Pterodactyl,
Centrally Inaccessible, PA

Dark Horse
World Tour

Re: New dinosaur on the forum...

Post by Dark Horse » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:57 pm

[smilie=welcome_smiley.gif]

Some of us here are a bit prehistoric as well. By the way, apparently your autocorrect thinks "Doody" is "Duty." No need to lurk - just dive on in.

DH
JVM 410H w/Mods: 1µF Plexi Cap, 3H Mojotone Choke, Neg. Feedback Adj. Pot.(500K)

Pterodactyl
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Pterodactyl » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:19 pm

Howdy DH --

Autocorrect drives me crazy, but not in that case.

Doing my "Howdy Duty" in an opening post was a play on the familiar name of old Master Doody. Hmm, yes, a bit angular. Guess I need to clarabell, er, clarify!

Thanks for the Howdy back!
Pterodactyl

Dark Horse
World Tour

Post by Dark Horse » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:08 am

Oh, you're clever! I missed the play on words the first time b/c you said "there's my Howdy Duty." It was obvious in the next post when you said "Doing my Howdy Duty." Some of us just take a while to catch on. "Clarabell" may have been a bridge too far, though... smilie=icon_lol.gif

DH
JVM 410H w/Mods: 1µF Plexi Cap, 3H Mojotone Choke, Neg. Feedback Adj. Pot.(500K)

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:05 am

welcome to the forum and thanks for introducing yourself !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
::: JVM410 head,modded:- Hammond 5H choke, 2 tubes pulled, 37.5mv bias :: Caseys Mods :- Plexi cap, -ve feedback, Dual Rectifier, Blackface, 1 wire Randy Rhoads, Plexi, Metaled Out ModPI Boost, OD Channel Gain Reduction Mod
::: AFD100, DSL100W head (no C83), Fender Champ 12
::: 1960AV 2xgreenbacks 2xG12H30, homemade 2x12 cab 2x Celestion Golds (100W)
::: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Dimarzio SD bridge Pup,Standard neck Pup.
::: Tokai Strat with Dimarzio SD, Epi SG-400 Iommi, Hondo Les Paul, Alhambra Acoustic fishman Pup
::: PodXTLive fully loaded, Vox V848 Clyde McCoy Wah Wah, Korg Pitchblack and Snark Tuners

It's better to fail in Originality than to succeed in Imitation ...

Greg_L
Club Circuit

Post by Greg_L » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:59 am

Pterodactyl wrote: 2245THW

1959HW
Very nice! [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
My gear list? Do a search.

Pterodactyl
Beginner
Beginner