New member from UK :-)

Somewhere to introduce yourself ... NOT FOR DISCUSSION OF PROBLEMS - please discuss them in the relevant section not here !!!

Moderators: Dark Horse, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

superclarkey
Beginner
Beginner

New member from UK :-)

Post by superclarkey » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:36 pm

Hey guys/girls,

Joined up so that I can ask some dumb questions when they arrise on the brand spankers new Marshall amp I have just purchased :-)

I have been playing the electric guitar since I was in primary school, so around 1995, Im now 33years old, I have not played the guitar for around 6-7 years and desperatly want to get back into...

So was like f#*k it and went crazy and spent some life savings... cant take it with me can I! :-)

Bought myself an Ibanez RG-655 a few days ago and pre-ordered Jem777 30th aniversary edition in loch ness green (winner!) (not with me till June...eek) and of course the main bit a new JVM410HJS and 1960B cab :-) (double winner)

So feel like its xmas at the moment :-)

So there you go, hello there [smilie=banana_smiley.gif]

Dark Horse
World Tour

Re: New member from UK :-)

Post by Dark Horse » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:13 pm

[smilie=welcome_smiley.gif]
Go big, or go home, right?
Congrats on your new awesome rig!

DH
JVM 410H w/Mods: 1µF Plexi Cap, 3H Mojotone Choke, Neg. Feedback Adj. Pot.(500K)

superclarkey
Beginner
Beginner

Post by superclarkey » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:36 am

wasnt about to listen to my guitar on hearphones was i lol

Arrived today, sexy machine :-)

superclarkey
Beginner
Beginner

Post by superclarkey » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:21 pm

So both these arrived today :D so very happy :D so you could say I'm a happy boy :D [smiley-shreds]

quickce
Beginner
Beginner

Post by quickce » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:31 pm

Damn nice rig man. Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dark Horse
World Tour

Post by Dark Horse » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Happy NAGD!!

DH
JVM 410H w/Mods: 1µF Plexi Cap, 3H Mojotone Choke, Neg. Feedback Adj. Pot.(500K)

superclarkey
Beginner
Beginner

Post by superclarkey » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:09 am

Are the Helix 6 a good choice to run with these amps?

namklak
Private Parties

Post by namklak » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:22 am

Welcome!
The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

Love the finish on that axe! A shredding machine for sure!

I use the HD500X in 4CM and midi control with great results, but I'm sure the Helix would be good. The Helix almost seems like overkill. I don't use any amp models, and that's where the Helix smokes the HD. Some do use pre-amp models into the power amp section of the JVM, but since you have the Satch jvm, you already have all the knobs of a modeler, but you're modeling with tubes! My $.02 would be save your money and get the hd500x. I just have the 205h, and between that and the HD I get all the tones I could ever want. Caveat, I don't play metal, I'm old.

But, most important, have fun! And practice every day!
JVM205h. Added 100K from R94/C43 to ground for V1b (OD Channel) gain reduction. Installed 1000pF in series with 47K, in parallel with R58 (82K), to reduce power amp squeal. V3 Valve Wizard diode protection mod. Active power soak for more EL34 goodness.
Guitars: Angus Young Sig SG w/ Pearly Gates Neck and Custom Custom Bridge, Les Paul Special (2 pups) w/ SD Stacked P90s. And occasionally a Warmoth Strat w/ Dimarzio True Velvet in N, M, SD P-Rails in B.
HD500x in 4CM for all pedals and Midi control of 205h (grounds lifted on two of the signal cables).

superclarkey
Beginner
Beginner

Post by superclarkey » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:14 pm

Thanks for the answer, I know this isn't the place to discuss this but really appreciate your input :D Only reason I like the amp models is because when I can't play at flat out and want the tone from the amp, thinking I can get that without the need to crank it flat out :D just at thought :D

Love the way the guitar plays, needs to be set up a bit, there is ab it of fret buzz on the low e string first few frets, hoping it isn't back bowed at the head :)