Greetings from new member from Vancouver, WA

Somewhere to introduce yourself ... NOT FOR DISCUSSION OF PROBLEMS - please discuss them in the relevant section not here !!!

Moderators: jim renolds, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

Dr0
Beginner
Beginner

Greetings from new member from Vancouver, WA

Post by Dr0 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:20 am

Hi. I'm from Vancouver, WA and play straighti rock with a slight punk feel in a 3 piece band, and have for pretty much forever. I am getting old, but still enjoy rocking out. In fact there are more venues for live music here than five years ago.

I have collected a number of amps over the years, and my favorite is a vintage JCM-800 50 Watt combo. Sadly, it's not the most reliable amp, and I've decided to stop gigging it so that it can have a dignified retirement in my studio. I have a few other amps that work well for gigging, including the Bassman RI and an Orange AD-140 TC half stack, but nothing that quite does that Marshall thing.

I play single coils almost exclusively, and mostly Teles at that.

I enjoy the versatility of the AD-140 TC (twin channel) and so am attracted to the JVM, with it's modern features and Marshall tone.

on stage (the old one) at Kelly's Olympian, Portland, OR

I'll take all my questions to the appropriate forum, but wanted to do a proper introduction. Thanks for the login.