Andy Timmons

Moderators: jim renolds, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

Playing4JC
Club Circuit

Andy Timmons

Post by Playing4JC » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:32 pm

I just saw Andy Timmons perform live at a Mesa clinic in San Diego and was again re-convinced that he is the best guitarist I have ever seen live. I have seen pretty much most of the greats I can think of and Andy is just hard to beat. His new record is coming out on October 25 and he is doing the Beattles Sgt. Peppers album. He did some of the Beattles tracks last night along with his other stuff while playing to backing tracks. Check out his website for clinics and shows near you. He is a heck of a nice guy too and very humble as well.

http://www.andytimmons.com/
Marshall YJM100, Malmsteen Strats, SoCal Charvel and a bunch of pedals.

Jackie
World Tour

Re: Andy Timmons

Post by Jackie » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:33 pm

He is THE man. My favourite solo guitarist. He's like blending Jimi and Satch together [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]
Tonemeister wrote:there is sooo much that the JVM can be...
GUITARS:
Modded Epiphone Goth Explorer w/BKP Nailbombs; Jackson KVMG Pro; Yamaha SG2000; Gibson SG '61 Reissue; Squier Classic Vibe Tele; Yamaha LLX6A
AMPS&CABS:
Marshall JVM410H (EH V1/V5; Chinese 12AX7B V2-V4; -ve fdbk mod, choke mod, plexi cap mod)
ENGL Savage 120 mk I; Marshall 1960A cab w/V30; Yamaha THR10v2
FX:
BOSS GT-6, Keeley-modded Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MISC:
Proel Esoteric cables, Ernie Ball strings; Dunlop Ultex Sharp picks, craft beer

Playing4JC
Club Circuit

Post by Playing4JC » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:43 pm

Jackie wrote:He is THE man. My favourite solo guitarist. He's like blending Jimi and Satch together [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]
That is a pretty good description Jackie. [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04ufLAs_y3c

Surfcaster
World Tour

Post by Surfcaster » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:44 am

I discovered Resolution a couple of years ago and I really enjoy it...and I heard some previews from the new album. Also have his DVD of the CD release concert. I'm a little disappointed that he's not doing new material, but I like The Beatles and Sgt. Pepper's, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Would love to see him live some time.
AMPS
Marshall JVM 205H w/mods - Negative Feedback knob - 3H Mojotone Choke - Mid Shift switch - R72 Compression Mod <> JCM SE head(Home brew, single-ended, EL-34 powered, with JCM800 preamp) <> Prolux 112 (Fender Princeton-based home brew 1x12 combo)
CABS
Home-built 2x12 w/ G12M Greenbacks <> Home-built 1x12 w/WGS Green Beret
GUITARS
2010 G&L USA Legacy HB <> 2015 Gibson Les Paul Less Plus <> 1998 G&L USA Legacy with DiMarzio Area '58 and Area '61 pickups <> 2001 Taylor 414CE

mohi
Club Circuit

Post by mohi » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:53 pm

I like him a lot as a player too, one of my favourites ...
Marshall JVM410C: TAD HPS V1, TAD PS V2, TAD Std V3, EH V4, Mods: Plexi Cap, Choke, K77
Marshall YJM100
Marshall JCM800 1981

Playing4JC
Club Circuit

Post by Playing4JC » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Surfcaster wrote:I discovered Resolution a couple of years ago and I really enjoy it...and I heard some previews from the new album. Also have his DVD of the CD release concert. I'm a little disappointed that he's not doing new material, but I like The Beatles and Sgt. Pepper's, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Would love to see him live some time.
I think the Sgt Peppers record is really going to be great judging by what he played live. I am looking forward to more original material also. The guy is just toooooooooooooo good live. [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]