ISP Decimator Prorack G Routing Help needed for Stereo setup

Your one-stop shop for troubleshooting noise, hiss and related issues with this High-Gain Monster!

Moderators: Dark Horse, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

Tonemonster58
Beginner
Beginner

ISP Decimator Prorack G Routing Help needed for Stereo setup

Post by Tonemonster58 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:35 am

Search was definitely not my friend trying to get an answer to my question. Here is my situation I currently have a perfect Stereo set up (less the ISP ProrackG) with my JVM205H and a Frenzel Custom handwired P to P 5E3 circuit head for Cleans. I am using the effect loops on both heads for running the stereo Strymon Bluesky, Ola Chorus/Vibrato, El Capistan and Hardwire Supernatural ambient Verb all in true stereo. This sounds absolutely KILLER With incredible amp to amp separation which makes it sound like I am playing a 50,000 seat arena at any volume. It took me quite some time to get it setup just right and I do not want to do anything that will jeopardize the tone I now have.

So here is my dilemma. I now have the Prorack G which I have zero experience with and I cannot find anything anywhere that shows proper hookup/routing for this situation. I am going to use channel one for a direct feed of my Guitar (Pre pedal board) to clean up 60 cycle noise from my P90 Vintage Juniors and Specials, so no issues there. I don't need to worry about the front end pedals (Comp/OD stuff) as the pedal board loop itself as it is already whisper quiet. But I am not sure how to hook up channel 2 for the JVM. If I hook it up like the manual shows to the Effect loop then it will only be dealing with one half of all my stereo effects which might work but it seems illogical that it won't effect the other side of the signal. So my question is this, could I hook up channel 2 to the other Loop on the back of the JVM (Power amp Send/Return) so I don't have to touch the effects loop? I do not want to just start hooking things up and maybe make a mistake in wiring that could fry something so I would really like to get it right the first time. Is there another way that is better?

Anyone able to shed some light on this for me? It would also be greatly appreciated if someone could help out with some starting points for settings on the ISP and whether I should use the +4 db or -10 db setting on the JVM. I really am new to the whole effects loop thing. I previously have always run everything in the front end not split like I do now for dirt and modulation.

Thanks in advance
"I Love being old enough to fart in public and get away with it!"

Marshall JVM 205H
Marshall AS 50 D
Hiwatt Custom 50
Frenzel Handwired 5E3 Circuit
1951 Gibson GA-5
Avatar 212 w/G12H Creamback and Alnico Blue
Vintage 1965 Super Reverb
Fender Super Champ XD

1959 Gibson Les Paul Junior Doublecut Cherry Red
1956 Gibson Les Paul Junior TV Singlecut
1967 Gibson Flying V-Modded W/1959 P13 and P90 Pickups
1993 Hamer Special HB
1998 Hamer Artist Custom Order AAAA Flametop w/ORIGINAL Vintage 1959 PAFS
2006 Fender Deluxe Ash Strat
Epiphone ES 339
Epiphone Joe Bonamassa LP Goldtop
Takamine EAN40C
Washburn WD10SCE 12 string Dread
Ibanez SAS Custom hand carved by GIG

jimsreynolds
World Tour

Re: ISP Decimator Prorack G Routing Help needed for Stereo s

Post by jimsreynolds » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:59 am

How does your pedal board split the signal before it goes to the amp inputs?

Based on how the regular decimator g string works I don't think you will need to dedicate a channel to clean up your axes.

Plug the guitar directly into the ISP guitar in and from the ISP guitar out to the pedal board. Then for each amp

Amp loop send to ISP channel input
ISP channel output to first loop pedal input
Last loop pedal output to amp loop return.

This should gate both guitar noise and also hi gain hiss. Use the jvm parallel loop set at - 10dB and with mix at 100%.

Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk
JimBOB

-------------------------------------------
Amps:

Guitars:
  • 70s hard-tail Strat with EMG 89/SA actives. Gibson "The Paul" with bridge P-Rails, Triple-shot, Roland GK-3 and Torres Tone Mods. Gretsch 6119 Tennessee Rose. PRS SE Semi-Hollow w/Bigsby, Squier Affinity Tele (Modded), Falk "Splitter", Taylor T5, Ibanez RG2610E
    Taylor DN3 Acoustic w/Rare Earth Blend, Ovation Celebrity 6/12 Acoustic, Martin 000X1AE, Rally Resonator, Stretton Payne 12-string.
FX:
  • Joyos galore! T-Rex Moller, TC Flashback X4, MXR '78 Distortion, Crybaby, Line 6 HD500 - 4CM & MIDI switching, (retired), Boss GT8 (retired)

Tonemonster58
Beginner
Beginner

Re: ISP Decimator Prorack G Routing Help needed for Stereo s

Post by Tonemonster58 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:31 pm

Problem Solved. For those of you that are interested. What I wound up doing is using the each channel of the prorack G for the loop on one of the amps and the added a standard foot pedal for the front end of the amp for the guitar. Works like a champ!!!
"I Love being old enough to fart in public and get away with it!"

Marshall JVM 205H
Marshall AS 50 D
Hiwatt Custom 50
Frenzel Handwired 5E3 Circuit
1951 Gibson GA-5
Avatar 212 w/G12H Creamback and Alnico Blue
Vintage 1965 Super Reverb
Fender Super Champ XD

1959 Gibson Les Paul Junior Doublecut Cherry Red
1956 Gibson Les Paul Junior TV Singlecut
1967 Gibson Flying V-Modded W/1959 P13 and P90 Pickups
1993 Hamer Special HB
1998 Hamer Artist Custom Order AAAA Flametop w/ORIGINAL Vintage 1959 PAFS
2006 Fender Deluxe Ash Strat
Epiphone ES 339
Epiphone Joe Bonamassa LP Goldtop
Takamine EAN40C
Washburn WD10SCE 12 string Dread
Ibanez SAS Custom hand carved by GIG

Nimrod
Beginner
Beginner

Re: ISP Decimator Prorack G Routing Help needed for Stereo setup

Post by Nimrod » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:54 pm

Whats the decimator that you have?
Because the Dual rack version i think it would work for you!