Friedman Dirty Shirley--Sublime

Moderators: Dark Horse, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

The Pup
Arena

Friedman Dirty Shirley--Sublime

Post by The Pup » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:45 am

I handed my circa 2012 DS amp head over to Dave recently and he did the Gain Structure switch mod while my wife and I waited in the N. Hollywood tone lounge.

I use a Voodoo Labs amp swicher (vs. Dave's pedal-sized switcher) to select/mix both Hi and Lo inputs.  With the switch mod, I have additional control.  I like the mid-gain switch position.

As part of the original order back in 2012, I had Dave build a custom vertical 2x12 cab (diagnal partially open-back).  I installed a Scumback M75/H75 16-ohm 30w mix (Scumback stated both were 30w vs. 25w/30w respectively).  I have to attenuate the bass setting (<3 on the dial typically) to keep my neck humbuckers from getting too woofy.

The DS is a rock-n-roll dream portal.

I also asked Dave, "pick one Friedman pedal to complement the Dirty Shirley" and he said the "Buxom Boost" (he has no preference between 9 or 18vdc).

I must agree, the Buxom Boost provides nuanced control (especially tightening the bottom end) and pushing the front end in the low- and mid-gain (Gain Structure) switch setting is so satisfying.  I am very pleased.  I am running it at 18vdc for no particular reason (I tried it first and stopped there as I was good-to-go).