Nonsense of 2020

Moderators: jim renolds, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

*Ira Tenax*
Private Parties

Nonsense of 2020

Post by *Ira Tenax* » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:21 pm

Hello guys,
I would like to ask you a question and share with you my experience.
I have been playing for years and I know various things between amps bought and sold such as guitars and various effects, but in the last few days I have discovered (if you can say it) a rather singular thing.
Among the various amps that I have had, my almost useless Behringer GMX212 that I have at home to practice at modest volumes, is surprising me.
Using it with headphones, the sound I perceive is clearly superior to that produced by its Jensen woofers.
So I connected it to the 2x12 Dragoon and noticed that with these speakers it sounds much better.
Now my question is: does the abysmal difference I feel depend only on the woofers?
I don't know, but I seem to understand that this inexpensive amp has good cards to be counted among those good objects for educational and backup use.
I don't want to exaggerate, but I think that probably the project, however cheap it may be, could have been valid if they had spent a few more minutes at the parent company to figure out which cones to use.
The sound range expressed in headphones and with Dragoon is significantly better than that expressed on the standard jensen (in my humble opinion).
I don't know, what do you say, would it be appropriate to replace the woofers?
Try before buy!
Marshall JVM410H... OF COURSE! (V1 Tungsol - V2 JJ) ; 1960A Lead Cab; Carvin V3Head; Dragoon 280C8C 212Cab;
Gibson Les Paul Custom; Gibson Les Paul 1959; Gibson Les Paul Custom Gold Limited Floyd Rose; Gibson Les Paul Studio Shred; Ibanez RG1527Prestige w/Evo; Fender Stratocaster 50TH Ann; Fender GeminiII;
Line6 Relay G10; Brunetti Vector; Xotic Wah XW1; Maxon OD808; MXR ZW-44;J.Dunlop Crybaby GCB95F Wah; Boss AC3/CH1/DD3; ISP Decimator; TC-GMaj; Polytune 2 Mini Noire; Behringer AM100 Acoustic Modeler; V-Amp2; V-Tone GMX212; FCB1010

DalyCro
Private Parties

Re: Nonsense of 2020

Post by DalyCro » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:16 am

I believe that speaker creates about 70% sound of the amp, if not more. Sound is subjective things so for amp companies main thing for choosing an speaker for their amp is price...then the rest. All companies doing this. There are even signatures amps where amp has no exactly the same speaker as the player who participated in the design and sign the amp. Reason is price of speaker of course. To me thats retarded but thats business.
JVM 205H (OD2>OD1 mod; -ve fb), Marshall 4x12 Greenback. SG standard with 490R/498T. LP Bonamassa sig with BB2/BB3. Strat 60's custom with BK Mother's Milk.G&L Asat tele with MFD.