Bridge Humbucker for Super Strat

If it is on your fiddle - it should be here...

Moderators: Dark Horse, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

Nmoc strat
Beginner
Beginner

Bridge Humbucker for Super Strat

Post by Nmoc strat » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:47 pm

I' m thinking of changing the bridge Hot Rails from my Floyd Rose equiped Fender Strat, for a full sized Humbucker.

Its a 2013 MIM Strat with alder body, rosewood board, and an original Floyd Rose bridge. The Amp is the JVM410h. Already have another Strat with a JB TB-4, and the sound its awesome. Also like the Dimarzio Super Distortion. Mostly play Classic Rock, Hard Rock, and Classic Metal.

What would you guys recommend?

sloan_amps
Garage Band

Re: Bridge Humbucker for Super Strat

Post by sloan_amps » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:58 pm

I have a 2015 MIM Strat with all those same specs, except that it came with an HSS setup.

I replaced the stock pickups with all Bare Knuckle models...Trilogy Suites for the neck & middle and the Holy Diver for the bridge.

I also changed the wiring so I have a volume for just the bridge that's push-push to split the coils, then a volume for the neck and middle, and a master tone control.

This guitar is now the most versatile and best sounding Strat I've owned. Plenty of growl and drive when I need it but also cleans up fairly well.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Nmoc strat
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Bridge Humbucker for Super Strat

Post by Nmoc strat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:37 am

Cool

Mine was HSS originally too, but I've Changed it.

That Holy Diver PUP seems to Be what I have In mind ... Very 80s Hard rock / Metal, from its Name I guess its inspired by Vívian Campbells early Dio albums guitar sound.