Which tremelo

Stuff that alters the sound going in or out of the amp, JVM Loops, XLR Out, Line Out, Stereo setup with 2 amps, Midi

Moderators: Dark Horse, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

G the wildman
Beginner
Beginner

Which tremelo

Post by G the wildman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:44 am

Any recommendations for a tremelo pedal that will work like a fender DRRI on my JVM205c

Greg_L
Club Circuit

Re: Which tremelo

Post by Greg_L » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:18 pm

I use a Boss TR2. It's simple and cheap and does a great job. You should pair it with a good reverb though. The JVM's reverb sucks ass. The TC Hall of Fame is a pretty bad ass reverb. Tremolo in front, JVM clean channel, Hall of Fame spring reverb in the loop...pretty convincing Fender tone.
My gear list? Do a search.

jimsreynolds
World Tour

Post by jimsreynolds » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:14 pm

[smiley-surprised] I guess I must love the taste of ass then cause I like the JVM Verb. Conversely, I tend to find many spring reverbs too overt for my tastes. Horses/courses.

I would look for a tremolo where you can change the waveform (e.g. from sawtooth to square or whatever). There are lots of good cheap tremolos out there but if you are used to a certain sound and pattern then you might find it hard to dial in what you are looking for.

If you are minted then a Diamond Tremolo or Strymon Flint both have a great rep otherwise, yeah, the aforementioned TR2 is at a good price point.
JimBOB

-------------------------------------------
Amps:

Guitars:
  • 70s hard-tail Strat with EMG 89/SA actives. Gibson "The Paul" with bridge P-Rails, Triple-shot, Roland GK-3 and Torres Tone Mods. Gretsch 6119 Tennessee Rose. PRS SE Semi-Hollow w/Bigsby, Squier Affinity Tele (Modded), Falk "Splitter", Taylor T5, Ibanez RG2610E
    Taylor DN3 Acoustic w/Rare Earth Blend, Ovation Celebrity 6/12 Acoustic, Martin 000X1AE, Rally Resonator, Stretton Payne 12-string.
FX:
  • Joyos galore! T-Rex Moller, TC Flashback X4, MXR '78 Distortion, Crybaby, Line 6 HD500 - 4CM & MIDI switching, (retired), Boss GT8 (retired)

Green Manalishi
Private Parties

Post by Green Manalishi » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:05 pm

The JVM reverb doesn't suck ass. It isn't a fender spring reverb.
I did not like the hall of fame reverb. The one reverb I wanted, spring, is the weak point of the HOF.

As for trem, I just picked up a cheap Donner Mod Square, has tremendous, chorus, phaser, and more.
Not a bad pedal and is affordable, and is great for the variety of modulation you may need for only one song
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall 1960B Celestion Golds
Gibson Les Paul Traditonal Plus
Gretsch G6120SSLVO
Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster
Fender '52 AVRI Telecaster

Greg_L
Club Circuit

Post by Greg_L » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:12 pm

jimsreynolds wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:14 pm
[smiley-surprised] I guess I must love the taste of ass then cause I like the JVM Verb.
Lol. Yeah, I think it's adequate for a basic reverb, but I guessed the guy was looking for a Fendery sound. The JVM reverb does suck for that.
My gear list? Do a search.

jimsreynolds
World Tour

Post by jimsreynolds » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:23 am

True enough. The JVM verb sounds like a plate emulation to me and that is my go to.

Back on trem. I tried out an EHX super pulsar last weekend and that sounded great. A little big though, in my view, for a trem without tap tempo. If you had the board room, worth checking out.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

JimBOB

Amps:

Guitars:
  • 70s hard-tail Strat with EMG 89/SA actives. Gibson "The Paul" with bridge P-Rails, Triple-shot, Roland GK-3 and Torres Tone Mods. Gretsch 6119 Tennessee Rose. PRS SE Semi-Hollow w/Bigsby, Squier Affinity Tele (Modded), Falk "Splitter", Taylor T5, Ibanez RG2610E
    Taylor DN3 Acoustic w/Rare Earth Blend, Ovation Celebrity 6/12 Acoustic, Martin 000X1AE, Rally Resonator, Stretton Payne 12-string.
FX:
  • Joyos galore! T-Rex Moller, TC Flashback X4, MXR '78 Distortion, Crybaby, Line 6 HD500 - 4CM & MIDI switching, (retired), Boss GT8 (retired)

jimsreynolds
World Tour

Post by jimsreynolds » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:52 am

As an aside, I just picked up a Donner Ripple. Seriously tiny pedal and analog. It was dirt cheap and has a reasonable degree of flexibility. On the downside there seems to be a slight volume boost when active and that is a bit of a pain.
JimBOB

Amps:

Guitars:
FX:

Geno_xl
Private Parties

Post by Geno_xl » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:06 pm

Have you considered the new TC electronics pipeline? I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but it looks to be very versatile with the tone print editor. I haven't played with the tone print editor yet with my other tc pedals but I like that I have that option if the pedal isn't exactly what I need. I had a boss tr-2 at one point but the volume drop really bothered me. Otherwise it was an ok pedal...it really needed tap tempo.
Amps: Marshall JVM 410H (choke Mod), EVH 5150 III, Mesa boogie dual rectifier, Marshall Class 5 combo, Line 6 Pod HD
Cab: Marshall 1960a (V30's and G12T-75's), EVH 5150 1x12
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul, Music Man Axis, Martin acoustic
Effects: Line 6 M13, OCD, Boss TU-3, Crybaby wah, Crybaby mini, tc spark mini, tc flashback, tc hall of fame, MXR EVH phase 90, digitech bad monkey, MXR Dyna comp