Can i use Harley Benton FXL8 Pro for controlling my JVM410h via MIDI along with my pedal board?

Stuff that alters the sound going in or out of the amp, JVM Loops, XLR Out, Line Out, Stereo setup with 2 amps, Midi

Moderators: jim renolds, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

FranciscoMAdónis
Beginner
Beginner

Can i use Harley Benton FXL8 Pro for controlling my JVM410h via MIDI along with my pedal board?

Post by FranciscoMAdónis » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:15 pm

So, my planned guitar rig is going to consist of a pedalheavy pedal board and a jvm, and I'm looking at the Harley benton FXL8 pro loop switcher to control the whole rig, since it has midi for the jvm and enough banks for the pedals. I know how to wire the pedals in and out of the fx loop of the head and I guess I can trigger the master volume and reverb switching, but I dont know how and if I could control the 12 modes of the jvm via MIDI with that switcher. The manual seems a bit unclear. I want to control both the amp and pedals with this switcher in particular, any help on how to do it? I'm an absolute beginner in MIDI. Also, if it can't be done, do you know any alternatives on a budget that can do the job? I have 3 pedals in the loop and 4 in the front (I am excluding pedals like tuner and noise gate since the gate would be on all the time and the tuner has a dedicated spot in the loop switcher)
Thanks a lot for the time, and also this is my first entry in the forum, so, yay