4CM with a boss GT3

Stuff that alters the sound going in or out of the amp, JVM Loops, XLR Out, Line Out, Stereo setup with 2 amps, Midi

Moderators: jim renolds, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

corvairdoug
Pub Band

4CM with a boss GT3

Post by corvairdoug » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Hey folks, been a while...
I've got a 410H, and play covers that are mostly metal, i.e. Godsmack, Metallica, Ozzy, etc. I use the amp on the OD1 orange quite a bit, gain about 5.
Needless to say, it's bit noisy, and our practice space doesn't help; everybody's stuff is noisier there than usual. I use a Boss tuner, Crybaby wah, and a Boss GT3, all "out front". The Boss GT3 I use for 2 delays and chorus only. I had tried some various methods a few years ago using the effects loop, but didn't hear any benefits. My amp has a few mods, listed in my signature below.
The 4CM method is new to me, and I'm wondering if using this method may clean up some of my noise problems. I realize some of it is inherent to the building we rehearse in, but it would still be nice to clean it up. That stated, what would be the best order to try the 4CM method of cabling? I'm guessing tuner and wah out front and GT3 thru the loop, I guess I just would like verification of that and what goes where.
Thanks
78 LP Deluxe Goldtop; 79 Strat; 98 Korina Epi Explorer; 11 EPi LP; late 80's Seagull 12; JVM 410H with Choke mod & Anti Stiffness mod; Home built cab w G12T-75s & Vintage 30s