How to join the forum / signup

Marshall JVM Discussion - topics that are not in any of the sub categories, please respect this to keep the forum well organised and so make it easier to find stuff you are interested in :-)

Moderators: Dark Horse, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

Andy
Administrator

How to join the forum / signup

Post by Andy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm

HOW TO REGISTER

This forum is not set up like many you may have used before. You have to follow these instructions,

So here we go -

Click on register, top right of home page.

Go through the steps of registration.

Fill in reason for joining, always including "JVM" - to stop spammers - if there is any doubt then your request will be deleted with no notification.

This only applies to NEW users, if you're already a member it doesn't apply.[/i]

There is NO guarantee that you will be approved immediately as we get bombarded by bots which
create fake accounts - so everything is done manually, to get to your account we may have to check 100 fake ones,
if we don't do that then the forum will just be spam, so have patience !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once you have been activated the FIRST THING YOU SHOULD DO is to introduce yourself in the Welcome to new and old members section to be polite, it is impolite if you don't say hi and just wade in with your problem ... just like walking into a room and saying hey what's wrong with my JVM ... [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

We'd be grateful for a donation towards the costs of running the forum [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

If you have problems get in touch here memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin and ALWAYS mention your username if you have one in all correspondence.

The Pup
Arena

Re: Notice to new people wanting to join the forum

Post by The Pup » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:27 pm

No...I meant Tripwire can play the heavy too. [smilie=icon_redface.gif]

tripwire
Administrator

Post by tripwire » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:37 pm

The Pup wrote:No...I meant Tripwire can play the heavy too. [smilie=icon_redface.gif]
Is that some kind of "fat" joke!!!
I ain't heavy...I am your brother.
JVM410H - 1960A & B - Rocktron Tri-Wah
Pod XTL - Gibson Les Paul - Gibson SG - Charvel EVH - Minarik Inferno - Bernie Rico Jr. Vixen - Fender Strat - Rabies

The Pup
Arena

Post by The Pup » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:59 pm

...a certain gravitas.