ISP prorack g ???

Your one-stop shop for troubleshooting noise, hiss and related issues with this High-Gain Monster!

Moderators: Dark Horse, jimsreynolds, Jackie, Andy

Kevrock
Pub Band

ISP prorack g ???

Post by Kevrock » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:14 pm

So my ISP prorack g sits in the loop. Loop level all the way up like you guys have stated. My question is that even at that setting the loop is not 100% wet is it. I still get alittle bleed. I dot get that on any other amp I have. New dual recto/5150iii/randall rm100kh. Just checking to se if this is normal.
My chain goes guitar-ISP ch1 in. ISP ch1 out -wah-ts808- to amp input// ISP ch2 sits in the loop. Done that's it. Lol

Kevrock
Pub Band

Re: ISP prorack g ???

Post by Kevrock » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:18 am

Anyone

Knottie
Private Parties

Post by Knottie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:42 am

When I have the loop on and the knob turned fully to "Wet" I hear a TINY bit of the straight sound passing through, but not enough to annoy me or upset things at all.

Kevrock
Pub Band

Post by Kevrock » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:50 am

Ok just making sure its normal. All my other amps are true serial loop and that does not happen.

luca9583
Private Parties

Post by luca9583 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:32 pm

If you don't mind sacrificing the amp's built in reverb, try engaging the serial loop switch, then running parallel loop send out and then back in via the serial loop return. I use this method with the Pro Rack G and it works perfectly (i find i need to engage all the ground loop switches on the G too but only because i am running everything through an RJM Effect Gizmo). This still functions as a series fx loop essentially.

You can also just use the serial loop altogether..but that can sometimes send a very hot signal that some devices will clip, so i use the above method to keep the level more compatible with the other effects i use.

Note that a noise gate should really be placed in a serial loop configuration to avoid the wet/dry issues you're getting. The noise gate should be treated as part of the "dry" sound itself, so that the gated signal can then send to other fx in parallel or in series as desired.

Nimrod
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Nimrod » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:02 pm

I hace the same problem ! Marshall should have included a noise gate for the amp in the stck version so you you have to deal only with your pedals noise like the other amps!